Some people have imagined themselves famous at one point in their life. If you are a music lover, chances are you’ve pictured yourself or have tried to form a band. So how do you really create a band that becomes successful like so many before?
There are some characteristics that famous bands share, and they all have been in your situation at one point in time:
- You usually wouldn’t have a difficult time with this if you have friends with the same passion. However, even if you’re the only one, it isn’t difficult to find people with the same passion as you. The Internet or social media sites are a good place to start.
- Once you have band members at the ready, you should start writing songs and rehearsing. There are readily available rehearsal spaces for rent with instruments available as well; it’s even better if you and your band members have a space and instruments ready from the start.
- Naming your band is like identifying yourself. There are some names that speak directly about your genre. However, you could also choose to go creative by naming your band something that doesn’t give a clue about your songs or the music you play.
- Once everything is legalized (manager, contracts), you can start writing songs which you can then record once you’re confident of your sound. This is a good way of advertising your band. Aside from that, recorded songs also help you get calls to play at venues.
- Many bands fail to get the recognition and fame at first. If this happens to you, don’t quit. Think of it as your band starting to get recognition. You should accept that, at first, you won’t get the money and the fame; many famous bands went through this, so it’s natural.
It’s not advisable to form a band solely for the money. Of course, it will come at one point, but it’s better to form a band for the passion to play rather than anything else.