If you thought that forming a band is hard enough, you better get your expectations set in line; that was the easy part. The complicated part kicks in once you realize that you should get word out that you have formed a band.
It Ain’t Easy being Cheesy
Figuring out your name, genre, and writing songs are easy, but with these tips, you will have a fighting chance, at the very least:
- Band Marketing. Under this section, there are a few things you can do:
- Website Marketing – If you’re familiar with SEO, website marketing can be a great tool to get word about your band out. It also is a good way of optimizing your website to be easily searchable.
- Web Content – It isn’t enough to only have working SEO on your website. Good web design, as well as an attractive website, works wonders to get your band noticed.
- Word of Mouth – If you have a lot of friends among bands and promoters from the start, this could work. It’s also a more affordable way of creating awareness for your band.
- Promoting your Music Online. This is another way of getting word about your band out without shelling out too much. If you’re confident of your music, it is a great marketing tool to get noticed without really spending anything. Online sites like YouTube or social media sites such as Instagram or Twitter are great platforms.
- Once you’ve gotten some gigs or have been making a killing on Spotify, you could start producing merchandise. Merchandising is a great way of getting advertising while also making money.
- Rad Art, Rad Reviews. Do you or your friend have a talent for art? Create posters of your band’s album covers or your own concept about your song. It’s another good way of letting people remember your band. You could also let your passion do the talking and let reviews get word out of your band’s awesomeness.
The Sky’s the Limit
For the truly creative, there are many ways of creating awareness about your band. Your ads and your website could become your ticket. It’s better, though, if you let your songs and your performances do the marketing for you.